|Doctor Name||Dr. P.Shobha|
|Primary Specialty||Family Medicine|
|MBBS||Tirunelveli Medical College|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Geriatric Medicine|
|DNB in Family Medicine||Lourdes Hospital, Kochi.|
|MRCGP||South East Asia International|
|PG.Dip. Bioethics and Human Rights||University of Porto, Portugal|
|CCCMD (Mental Disorder)||PHFI|
|Refresher Course in Palliative Medicine||Pallium India|
|24 years of experience post MBBS including 7 years as a Specialist /Consultant inFamily Medicine|
|Team Leader of Flood Relief Team from VPS Lakeshore Hospital to Wayanadin2018 and received Certificate of Appreciation for the same|
|Internal and External Examiner/ Non Examiner Coordinator for NBEMS|
|Conducted Health Awareness classes in schools, colleges and communityonvarious topics like Adolescent health, Substance abuse, Geriatric care, Lifestylediseases, Sexual Health, Women health, Covid and post Covid wellness.|
|Health talks in Asianet TV, Jenam TV, Reporter TV|
|Completion of courses in Diabetes, Mental disorders, Palliative Medicine, Bioethics and BLS, ACLS, PALS courses|
|NABH accreditation team member at Smita Hospital|
|Single point of contact of NBEMS at Smita Hospital and Working towardsstarting NBEMS courses|
|Life member of Academy of Family Physicians of India|
|Life member of IMA|
- DR. P. Shobha graduated from Tirunelveli Medical College and she completed her post graduation – DNB in Family Medicine from Lourdes Hospital, Kochi. She has also gained a Post Graduate Diploma in Geriatric Medicine from IGNOU. She is certified in the AHA’s BLS, ACLS, PALS courses and completed Instructor Courses in BLS, ACLS.
- Apart from working in Departments of Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cardiology, Neurosurgery in various Hospitals in Kochi, as Medical Officer, she was also Tutor in Internal Medicine in Medical College, Kochi and Lecturer in department of community Medicine in Amrutha Institute of Medical Sciences.
- She joined as Family Medicine Consultant in Smita Hospital in September 2022and has more than 24 years of experience in total and 8 years as speciality in Family Medicine.
- She was a Faculty for NBEMS in her previous position. She has attended Faculty Development program conducted by NBE in CMC Vellore and NBE’s Workshop on Research Methodology in Kochi.
- She has an OP including Health Checkups of the Hospital due to her special interest in prevention and screening of diseases.
- She has done courses in Diabetes, Pain and Palliative Care, Mental Disorders and Bioethics.
- Dr. Shobha’s other areas of interests are Primary Care Medicine and Community health activities which includes organizing health camps and health awareness classes. She gives regular talks in media. She also contributes articles in local news papers and magazines.
- Her other interests include Adolescent health and Reproductive health for which she gives awareness classes in schools, colleges and in community.
- She has been a organizing member and faculty of several state conferences of the Academy of Family Physicians of India- Kerala Chapter.
- She has given several presentation as Faculty in Various conferences.
- Research is another area which interests her.
- At present, she is involved with the recognition of Smita Hospital for DNB courses of NBMS.